11/8/13

Odd Dream - Water and Death and Money and Math

In last night's dream, an unknown to me older black woman and I were transporting ourselves somewhere on an old-fashioned raft sort of thing (which thinking about it later, brought to my mind that raft thing on some of the cover images of Mark Twain's, "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn").

Suddenly we saw another old-fashioned raft with two dead bodies on it - a mother and a child.

We placed the dead bodies upon our raft so they wouldn't sink down underwater and drown into nonexistence.  Maybe I thought we were saving them from total memory loss - but it turned out the other woman wanted to dredge the missing things out of the water in order to make money. Next thing I know, the two of us were sitting in front of a group of police people and I'm listening to the other woman describe what we had found, in a descriptive way that she thinks will make as much money as she can.  I didn't understand what was going on, but the people behind us seemed to.

Then the next thing I know, I'm walking around by myself carrying paperwork from the police and an envelope with the thousands of dollars we had gotten from that description of the dead bodies we had found. I was inside a school  trying to find my new math classroom.  I'm walking and walking by myself until I finally sit down, look at the paperwork that has my room number on it - and realize I've been walking around on the wrong floor and am now running late.

I suddenly envision a man from my past being inside that room when I find it.  But I don't remember who that man was or what he meant to me - and I don't find the room before I wake up, look at my clock, and see that it's later than I expected to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment