8/27/10

My Creative Writerly Phone Sex Operator Interview

"Poetry is my passion and has been for a very Iong time. My college degree is in creative writing, was especially attuned to poetry, and I had a fun and enjoyable college experience. After that, I was already feeling resigned to the fact that I was going to have to secure a relatively meaningless and dinky doo day job in order to pay my bills. I seemed to have some sordid glamour in the notion of sleazy or seedy or alternative day jobs. Day jobs of which one's mother might disapprove. My friends and I would sit around and chat about questionable job options that might earn us some strange type of oddball street creds and would not require us to remove our body piercings or normalize our vibrant hair colors or otherwise compromise our sense of self. One girl was fond of talking about how if only she had bigger boobs, she'd shake 'em in a strip club (as if large breasts are a requirement in such an arena)--and one boy would wax poetic about the various delightful implements he'd have the chance to pilfer if he was employed in a hospital environment (to this day, I believe he has collections of catheters and speculums, plus he is now a nurse). As for me, the obvious choice seemed to be phone sex."


That's just a little tidbit. Read my whole article by clicking below.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5721912/a_creative_writers_phone_sex_operator.html?cat=31

No comments:

Post a Comment