7/19/23

Me and my doom bunny holding my CONTORTED DOOM CONVEYOR!

Me and my doom bunny holding my CONTORTED DOOM CONVEYOR.

***

"Try this pill until you run out of power.
Let your body and brain get used
to this manufacturer's version of this pill,
and then you will be switched to another
like your brain is just a light switch
like your brain is just a plug
like your brain is just a hole in the wall
hotel room with a bath tub that doesn't work anymore.
So you either die underwater or else
you'll have to handle new pill side effects again
and again and again and again and again.
Sometimes I feel like I'm on a bad dream carousel,
moving in rickety circles, taking turns
sitting on different unnatural broken animals."
in the poem "INDUSTRIAL CAROUSEL" in my new poetry chapbook, CONTORTED DOOM CONVEYOR, published by Gutter Snob Books in July 2023.






No comments:

Post a Comment