4/25/23

A new flock of Thirteen Myna Birds is here! Happy Poetry Month!

It's been a little while since a new Thirteen Myna Birds flock has arrived, but now it is finally HERE - https://13myna.blogspot.com/

The second of this year!

Happy Poetry Month! https://13myna.blogspot.com/

New poetry by Gale Acuff, F.J. Bergmann, Terry Trowbridge, E. Martin Pedersen, Beret LaBrecque, Michael Grover, Daniel Snethen, David Henson, Mike Hackney, and John Grey!

"they'll all go to Heaven when they croak but I'll go to Hell, at least I'll be special in some way - the black wings of the newborns are torn so they cannot fly - in the flower garden of goodbyes - Lurking toxins accumulating, molecule by molecule, invisible doom seeping up - grisly, no pretty words just drops of blood - as she stands before me in her bloodied apron - Fingernails cut scars across our innocence - A statue shows us frozen in agony - Straining to escape our fate - Now we're all still alive but already I'm alone and it doesn't matter where - drive me toward the pit of flaming oil - the signals of risk, like a nocturnal animal seen fearless and staggering at noon - See the battles going on around them - I mean, so much blood students smear it on themselves - the poor cat who got mauled trying to sneak her way past - Would you think you knew me better if you could see my past and future? - I have not been terrified of dying in a long time - But I am terrified of how numb I am to the idea of dying - Solipsism incarnated in balloons - sleeping with rats on the Commons - I find myself astride Envy and change horses in midstream..."

Read the new flock HERE - https://13myna.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment