12/13/17

what if the snow globe broke my heart?

I don't remember what caused my fascination with snow globes when I was a little girl, but I found them fascinating. I was semi-tempted to buy one recently, thinking about how much I used to like them.
But then I also remembered this story my grandma told years ago about how she was holiday shopping, picked up a snow globe and shook it, it shattered, glass shards flung, and a shard of glass wound up inside her lower eyelid.
She was somehow able to remove it similarly to when an eyelash gets stuck there and it didn't cause any damage, but it could have.
For years, I obsessively thought about and visualized something shattering my eye or causing it to pop halfway out of my head. So maybe that's why I've never bought a snow globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment