3/11/09

poetry

A few links that a few writers might have interest in:

~a new David Foster Wallace story--

http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/features/2009/03/09/090309fi_fiction_wallace?currentPage=1

~Potlatch poetry (including a poetry gift and trade forum)--

http://potlatchpoetry.org/

~The Blood Pudding Press online shop (for those who might not be aware of its existence yet, please feel free to peruse its wares)--

http://www.bloodpuddingpress.etsy.com/

~Thirteen Myna Birds is accepting submissions on an ongoing, rolling basis--

http://13myna.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/11/2009

    Hello Juliet,

    Thanks so much for the shout out!

    Potlatch Poetry (a.k.a. James Belflower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I think that forum should be swarming with activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the DFW story, and mentioned i had read it today to my advisor, who is a professor of american lit. he and i haven't got along well in our previous meetings, but i think he really respected my reading habits, which we talked about today, and my initial mention of the DFW story is what kicked it off. so thanks for posting this: it may have affected my professional career. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh.

    I liked the story, too.

    Have you read his short story collections 'Brief Interviews with Hideous Men' and 'Oblivion'? I think both are stellar in a strange and thrilling way.

    Oddly enough, it seems to me that those collections are oft dismissed in retrospective analyses of his literary output, as if they are not amongst his strongest work, but I love them and think they are both top-notch, at least according to my literary standards.

    He is by far my favorite fiction writer. He seems to be one of thosse love him or hate him kinda guys.

    A few days ago, I posted that same story link on my Facebook, accompanied with a brief excerpt-- and someone corrected his grammar (although I didn't agree with her correction).

    ReplyDelete