2/25/09

poetry

More often than not, I only blog about my recent poetry publication credits if I actually have the magazine in my presence or can link to its online presence, but I just got an email that the first issue of zero ducats is ready to be mailed to me--and then I visited the zero ducats website and I thought it was so nifty that I feel compelled to share:

http://www.zeroducats.com/index.html

The author bios were fun to read and look at and I kind of wish I was at a party with all those people. Although most of them seem to be in Missouri and have MFAs, which kinda makes me feel like I'm invading some preordained enclave, but I'm a pretty delighted invader.

Also, while I was investigating that matter, I stumbled upon a photo of Nellie Oleson (not one of the authors) and had the idea to write a series of poems either ABOUT Nellie Oleson, TITLED Nellie Olesen but not about her, OR titled Nellie Olesen and the names of other secondary TV show characters.

Also, I am excited to read Rauan Klassnik's new e-chapbook plus some of the newer Scantily Clad Press chapbooks. I'm a little behind on my reading, but looking forward to catch up.

Also, I am formulating a few ideas about where to send/submit one of my unpublished chapbook manuscripts.

Also, thinking about death by owl...

6 comments:

  1. first comment on the new blog is mine? hoorah!

    i was looking through some writerly publication last night and perusing all the ads for MFA programs and trying to figure out if i really wanted to get an MFA instead of working on a doctorate in linguistics. i'm constantly pressured by that notion that an MFA won't help me get a quote-unquote real job. but the more i think about it, the more i think i'll teach, so i won't have a real job either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, death by owl is reminding me too much of last night's episode of CSI: NY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the episode, but a lot of things seem to remind you of CSI. Maybe you have a CSI fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching is not a real job?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I just happen to watch all three of the CSI series quite regularly. But Wednesday's CSI: NY involved vultures pecking away at a murder victim's corpse (which is how the murder victim was discovered).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/01/2009

    oooh! i like your new doubletrouble place here!
    xox and, the idea of nellie oleson poems just hits me in my half-pint! *rar*

    ReplyDelete