2/24/09

party planning

I thought, 'And I'm tired of wearing this mouth brace. It's hurting my teeth.' I removed the contraption and its misshapen wires and placed it down on my old desk, then I laid my head down on my old desk and the tears started to ooze out of my eyes.

A girl from my past held my hand and murmured, 'Please don't cry', but it was too late.

I had made a mistake by returning to the office where all the girls were fawning over a douchebag.

In the midst of this misplaced giddiness, someone said, 'Emergency cake'.

I heard him on the phone with his wife, casually discussing which gourmet pasta to buy and this infuriated me.

I held it together until he left the room and that's when I dissolved. It was as if I had never even existed.

2 comments:

  1. Something about this reminded me of the song "MacArthur Park."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I can't remember what that song even is. Is it a Beatles ditty?

    ReplyDelete