6/29/21

When I am ignored and feel like I should apologize for being myself

When I express my own feelings/point of view about an issue in which I seriously disagree with someone else and then I get ignored, which causes me to feel like I did something wrong by expressing myself. Which causes me to feel like I might be ignored until I apologize for expressing myself (even though I don't disagree with myself). Which causes me to feel like maybe I shouldn't express myself and maybe I should be more silent.

Other people can tell me all they want to continue expressing myself and even though I appreciate that perspective and agree with it in theory, it doesn't help me feel much better when I'm frequently at home by myself just expressing myself to myself with nobody else listening. When I'm walking around in circles by myself expressing myself inside my own head.

Then sometimes, I start getting overly emotionally upset to the point of having one of my mini-meltdowns and I feel like expressing myself doesn't do any good, I'm terrible at it, I'm a terrible person, I should just shut up about my feelings, I should at least revise or delete a bunch of my own feelings, I should shove all my stuff in boxes, I should apologize for being me, and I should shove myself into a box too, and either stick myself neatly into a closet or throw myself away.

No comments:

Post a Comment