9/6/24

Hello September! I hope my Fall is filled with poetry and a few other personal thoughts...

My full-length poetry book "Malformed Confetti" is now approaching 6 years old (already) and still exists (see the photo links below). I still exist too.

I do tend to assemble poetry chapbook manuscripts more than full-length manuscripts. I've had 8 different chapbook manuscripts published in the last 6 years (with another new one forthcoming soon), but this book is still my most recent full-length. It takes me a long time to assemble full-lengths and overall, I'm more drawn to shorter length books. I have my reasons. BUT with that said, I should really try to focus on assembling my next full-length manuscript soon. It's been in-progress for years.
I've been having trouble sleeping soundly lately, so the other night in bed (while not sleeping), I was thinking about how my first individual full-length poetry book was named "Horrific Confection" and then my second one was named "Malformed Confetti" and then it suddenly and unexpectedly popped into my noggin that maybe my next one should be named "Broken Stethoscope". Not sure exactly where that came from, but it felt like a possible plan.
The last few months have not been my most creatively productive, but this month is off to a pretty good start. I've already sent out five poetry submissions this month and one query (I'm not the greatest at querying). I finished writing three semi-interconnected new poems. I finished revising an older poem (and have two more poem revisions in progress). I also have two other new poems in progress that I hope to revisit more soon. Oh wait, actually, I sent out six poetry submissions so far this month, but one of them resulted in a rejection about three hours after submitting it. So hopefully I'll receive a new acceptance semi-soon.
I have more to say but it will have to wait until later.
One more thing I will mention for now (without getting into much detail as to why) is that I am trying to avoid volatile negativity on social media or behavior that feels toxic to me whatever its intention might be. I would rather place my negativity, anger, and other strong emotions inside my poetry and art (and the few people I trust in terms of expressing myself personally). Of course there are always exceptions.
I wish my friends a genuinely creative September.














A photo of my 6 Year old poetry book, Malformed Confetti (published by Crisis Chronicles in October 2018).

You can acquire your own copy of Malformed Confetti from Crisis Chronicles Press, HERE - https://ccpress.blogspot.com/2018/10/Cook102.html

Or from Amazon, HERE - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1640929738/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_myi?m=AXH8DEUFPPU2O

Or directly from my own Blood Pudding Press shop, HERE - https://www.etsy.com/listing/641070988/malformed-confetti-by-juliet-cook-2018?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Poetry by Juliet Cook

Gorgeous cover art by Simona Candini.

Photo taken by Crisis Chronicles Press editor, John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment