11/29/23

The Moon looking a bit purple-ish...

The moon near the beginning of its latest Waning gibbous phase, near the end of November 2023, looking a bit purple-ish... I'm glad to remain alive at this time of year or any time of year, but this is not my favorite time of year. In fact, it's been my least favorite time of year (November and December, that is), for years now. I feel like it's filled with assumptions that we're all into the same sort of things. I'm not religious - I'm not particularly into standard holiday traditions - I'm not particularly into group events (other than occasional poetry-oriented events) and so on. I'm not into the cold weather part of the season (although glittery snow can be pretty before it gets dirty) or the holiday assumptions that seem to combine traditions and religions and corporate expenditures (as though giving involves spending money) and other such assumptions that everyone's into the same sort of traditions, celebrations, and rituals. But the moon and purple causes me to feel a bit better. You can be into whatever you're into and so can I. I'm into poetry, art, music, non-mainstream, non-traditional, purple, (and all of that stuff in various different varieties and hues) and genuine one-on-one interactions (among many other things). More poetry coming very soon, but for now, here is the moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment