8/18/20

NEW! EVIL ME by MISH is the first new Blood Pudding Press poetry chapbook of 2020!

A NEW poetry chapbook from my Blood Pudding Press is newly available as of August 2020!

EVIL ME includes 19 poems by MISH - and MISH also created the cover art!


You can find out more about the poet/artist Eileen "MISH" Murphy, via her website HERE - https://mishmurphy.com/

The poems within EVIL ME offer a powerful mix of quirky, delightful, dark, sad, and depressing - with the focus ranging from troubling childhood issues to new romance/marriage to failed romance/divorce with quirks, mental dilemmas, family dilemmas, depression, and death.

Each chapbook is hand-designed, hand bound with colorful ribbon or yarn, and you can choose your own color of cover stock for the chapbook's cover.

***

I said hello
to the death songs inside me.

I caressed the safety razor
I used to shave my legs.
I couldn’t force myself 
to carve the flesh of my wrists.

I asked my mother
to move so I could reach
the cabinet under the kitchen sink:
I’ll drink Drano.
I’ll kill myself.

No, you won’t, said Mother
and told me to set the table.

in the poem "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

***

No comments:

Post a Comment