1/6/20

Today is the 10 Year Anniversary of the day I could have died

10 Years Ago on this date I underwent an unexpected carotid artery dissection which caused an aneurysm which caused a stroke which caused me to lose some parts of how my brain used to work before that happened.

Hard to believe this was already 10 Years ago now.

This experience changed some parts of my brain, it changed some other parts of my life, but a lot of us undergo different changes...

Still though, even though it's gotten a lot better than it used to be, this particular anniversary date still makes me feel rather uncomfortable mentally - and also uncomfortable about the speed racing of time.

But also lucky to still be alive, active, myself and creatively expressive.

For a little while after the stroke, I was terribly afraid that I might not be able to write poetry anymore, but thank goodness that was not the case. My poetry just became a little different. Here was the first tiny poetry chapbook I created after my stroke.

POST-STROKE - 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/69547229/post-stroke-by-juliet-cook?ref=shop_home_active_3

No comments:

Post a Comment