6/17/19

A NEW mini-review of my "Projectile Vomit", an E-chap published more than 10 years ago (published in 2008 by Scantily Clad Press)!


"I highly recommend this book unless you have a fear of tuna."

From a new mini-review of "Projectile Vomit", an E-chap of mine that's more than ten years old!

(One interesting factor involved with me reading older poetry of mine that I haven't read much in recent years {since I'm rather frequently writing new poetry and reading other people's poetry} is that it can backtrack me to certain memories of myself in the past. For example, one of the poems in this collection, "Bubble Wrap" backtracks me to my mid to late twenties when I was focused on my own bones, was disgusted by chicken bones, wanted to be unnaturally skinny so that as many bones stood out as much as possible from my own skin, and had fainting spells. Below are a few lines from my "Bubble Wrap")

"In the bubble wrap was: sneaky ice cream, chicken bones with gory rivulets of flesh still clinging, small mounds of carnage building up almost automatically, dog shit, leaky toilet, clanging pipes, expanding hips, horror movie music, knives, flesh, fainting, long distance relationship, public transportation, boiling water bubbles.  It was bubble wrapped beaks and wings"

Thank you to Jason Denness for this review, of which you can read more HERE - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show?id=2836858082

No comments:

Post a Comment