1/21/19

Temporarily Disconnected with Brain Space Invaders


I had a rather disturbing false awakened lucid dream. Maybe because I took a nap at a weird time (starting a little after 11:00 PM with my alarm set to get up at 12:30 AM - and before lying down, I thought there was a possibility my mom might call me before I got up, because sometimes she does call me in the midnight to 12:45 AM time frame).

I called my mom and she acted like it was an unexpectedly late time for me to be calling her. Then I felt confused because it's not uncommon for her to call me at that time. Then I realized I was still lying down and couldn't even remember the reason why I had called her. Then our phone call got randomly disconnected. Then I suddenly couldn't get my phone to work and could barely see anything on my phone. At first I was worried that my mom would freak out because I wasn't calling her back and wasn't answering if she was trying to call me back. It reminded me of times in the past, shortly before I had a seizure, when I couldn't see any of the fine print on my phone and couldn't seem to remember how to use it, because my brain became temporarily disconnected.

I repeatedly tried to use my phone (trying to call my mom, then trying to call Darryl) with no success, then I realized that part of the issue might be because every room in the house was dark and I couldn't see very well. But then, hardly any light in the house was working. It wasn't a power outage, because the kitchen light was on. But it was on with less than 1/4th the amount of light as usual and then when I started staring at it, I saw that the light fixture was haphazardly dangling from the ceiling and then it crashed down to the ground, shooting shards of glass across the floor, and since there was no light in the kitchen anymore, I had to stay away from there, so that I didn't step on glass. I could barely see my phone and it wasn't working regularly at all and it said SPAM and I thought it had been hacked.

No ceiling light I tried to turn on worked. I walked to the corner of my living room where I have a floor light, but not only was it also not working, but the lamp fixture had been removed. Something that looked like a broken balloon was dangling there. I started to worry that someone had invaded my home, but why and how, because it was full of snow outside. I thought about grabbing a flashlight, but they were in a drawer in my kitchen and I was worried I'd step on glass, but I had to take that risk, because I had no idea what was going on and could barely see. Then I heard someone open the side door of my garage, and thought maybe my parents had come over to check on me, because of my lack of response to their phone calls, they thought I'd had a seizure or maybe it was an invader.

Then I woke up, less than ten minutes before my alarm was set to go off, but during the whole dream, I hadn't even known it was a dream. I had thought I had made a semi-random phone call while still in bed, then had gotten up and been walking around in my own home in the dark, seeing error after error, feeling increasingly disconcerted that either my space had been invaded or something had gone awry with my own brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment