1/3/19

NEW in Ex-Spec Po - Four Collaborative poems by j/j hastain & Juliet Cook!

"I made it worse because I screamed
when he shoved the tiny bird into his mouth.

I mean, I'm pro-choice, but that doesn't mean
I'm going to hunt down and collect fetuses
to eat like a martyr holding an overly
ripe lime. The limoncello turned red

and we read the entrails for rewards,
hoping to watch the broken bird wings
rip themselves out of his mouth and take off
into the sky with a line of vultures

carrying him with them."


j/j hastain and I have four collaborative poems appearing in Ex-Spec Po today!

The lines above are from the poem, "Celestial zoo where the lubricants may cause death or new life".

Read more HERE - https://medium.com/the-operating-system/a-collection-of-collaborations-by-juliet-cook-and-jj-hastain-33c486819ea0

No comments:

Post a Comment