6/22/18

Trigger warning: contains pussy


Is it inappropriate to say in my promo about my own new poetry chapbook that it includes at least three different poems with pussy in them? Because I mean...it does.
And I know some people don't like the word pussy, but if that word bothers you (or if you're bothered by being bothered and like things light and sweet and child-safe), then you probably wouldn't like my poetry anyway.
One of the only times the word pussy bothers me is when men use it as an insult, as though a man calling another man a pussy somehow indicates that the other man is weak.
You might want to rethink your word usage men, because a pussy can handle a lot more than a dick can. 
Which reminds me, I do have a couple pricks and dicks in my poems too - but I don't act like some dick expert; I just incorporate my own thoughts/feelings/experiences into different words and so on and so forth.
And sometimes I need to rethink my own word choices and language usage too. But not so much when I'm communicating about or creatively interpreting my own body, mind, mini mental blood bath malformations, or brain interpretations.
I mean, it's not like I'm insulting anyone else's pussy and it's not like I'm forcing my pussy right into your face (unless you ask me to and I want to).
(By the way, to anyone who wants to read my promo of my new poetry chapbook, "From One Ruined Human to Another", I will soon be posting it, in another blog post, above this blog post. And/or here's a link to where you can acquire the chapbook - https://www.cwpcollectivepress.com/bookstore-1/from-one-ruined-human-to-another )
***
Of course there are exceptions, but often, I think what it boils down to with words is that they're thought about and not just carelessly blurted out (or worse yet, cruelly used). For the most part, it's not words themselves that are offensive; it's how one chooses to use those words.
A worse yet example would be when a man uses a comment like "grab them by the pussy", implying that he should be in control of any woman he wants. Too bad we have such a cruel, controlling asshat in charge of way too much and way too many, who thinks it's acceptable to shove thousands of people in cages.



No comments:

Post a Comment