2/21/18

"Lesson #3: Revisit the same themes over and over again (but also keep experimenting)"

"Lesson #3: Revisit the same themes over and over again (but also keep experimenting)"
Sometimes I wonder if my poetry is a semi-repetitive, semi-pointless sort of plateau, because I seem to write different variations on the same thoughts/feelings/experiences/thematics again and again, for years.
On one hand, I feel like if that's what I need to write about, then that's what I need to write about - but on the other hand, I wonder if I'm somehow unintentionally stuck and somehow unable to rise up - but on the other hand (yes I have at least three different hands), what does "rise up" even mean? It's not like I'm aiming towards heaven. I'm aiming towards always being me and growing closer to my own interpretation of my own mental reality.
I've loved Louise Bourgeois' art for years and so reading this creative piece of writing about her/her thoughts/her art improved my state of mind about my own repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment