4/20/17

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT of THREE NEW Blood Pudding Press poetry chapbooks forthcoming in 2017!

This was a really difficult decision! I don't know how small press editors that get hundreds of submissions can manage to narrow it down to a few within a month or two, because I sure couldn't. For me, it was tough to narrow down my original submissions of less than 50 to 8 that I wanted to see the entire manuscripts of, and then it was even more challenging to decide between those 8. 

I think all 8 of them deserve to be published, and I hope the ones I haven't chosen to publish through my Blood Pudding will find their homes soon.

I had meant to choose 1 or 2 to publish, but instead I chose 3, and those 3 are:

~Thirsty Bones by Sarah Lilius (to be published in late May/early June)

~Fuck Cancer Poems by Michael D. Grover (to be published in late August/early September)

~Paloma by Jennifer E. Hudgens (to be published in late November/early December)


*** 

The Finalists (in no particular order) are: 

~Paper Doll, Heart of Ashes by Melissa Atkinson Mercer 

~Prone As i Am by Bree 

~After the Singularity by Devon Balwit 

~Uncanny by Judy Hall 

~Not Your Father's Nightmares by Scott Anton Morgan

***

(For those of you haven't checked it out yet and might be interested in partaking and/or purchasing, the first Blood Pudding Press poetry chapbook of 2017 was Cutting Eyes From Ghosts by Ariana D. Den Bleyker, available here -https://www.etsy.com/listing/494588398/new-cutting-eyes-from-ghosts-by-ariana-d?ref=shop_home_feat_1

*** 

For anyone interested, this month's Thirteen Myna Birds will be going live before the end of this month and will include a bunch of uniquely wonderful "runner-up" poems from some of the other great offerings I received for Blood Pudding Press consideration last month. 

Also, some Finalist poems will appear on the Blood Pudding Press blog next month.


Juliet Cook/Blood Pudding Press

No comments:

Post a Comment