3/8/17

My Blood Pudding Press is now accepting poetry chapbook submissions!

Starting NOW! From March 8th until March 15th, Blood Pudding Press will briefly be accepting submissions. Read the details below. 

Blood Pudding Press will be accepting bloody frosting nozzle tidbits from Wednesday March 8th through Wednesday March 15th, Eastern Time.

Blood Pudding Press is being pretty nitpicky and nozzle-icious this year. 

We recently published our first poetry chapbook of 2017 ("Cutting Eyes from Ghosts" by Ariana D. Den Bleyker, available here - https://www.etsy.com/listing/494588398/new-cutting-eyes-from-ghosts-by-ariana-d?ref=shop_home_active_2) and are now looking for one or two more (to be published in May/June and then possibly August/September).

We are seeking unique individual or collaborative poetry chapbooks consisting of 13-23 poems. 

BUT, during March 8th through March 15th, all I want to receive from those who think that Blood Pudding Press might be a good fit for their creative work is 3-6 poems from your chapbook manuscript, to help me determine if I want to see more. 

I will respond to your submission by the end of March, letting you know whether or not I would like to see the whole chapbook manuscript.

I will likely only choose a few handfuls to read more of - and from there, I will choose one or two to publish.

I'm not specifically narrowing down the style of content I'm willing to read, but some content of extra-special interest to the Blood Pudding right now is - menstrual blood, PMS, peri-menopause, bodies that are not just sex toys or body parts, body issues, health issues, mental issues, identity issues, political issues, gloom, doom, haunting, ghosts, clowns, quirks, carnivorous plants, parasites and other abnormal insects, cosmetic surgery, fear, self-hate, love, strength, and individualism. 

I recommend that you purchase/read a previously published chapbook by Blood Pudding Press (available here - https://www.etsy.com/shop/BloodPuddingPress). We all know that poetry is not a money making business, but selling some of my little hand designed chapbooks gives me the money I need to make some more little hand designed chapbooks. 

If your chapbook is selected for publication by Blood Pudding Press, you will receive 13 free copies of your chapbook.

If you're interested in having your chapbook possibly considered, please send your name, email address, a small bio, and 3-6 poems (either in the body of the email or attached as a doc. or docx) to Julietcoo@gmail.com in the time frame of March 8th-March 15th, Eastern Time.

ALSO, even though this year's chapbook reading period is not a contest per se (and there is no reading fee this year), I am planning to include thirteen "runner-up" poems within a forthcoming issue of my Thirteen Myna Birds (most likely, the April issue). If you don't want any of your poems to appear in the Myna Birds for whatever reason, please let me know that under your bio. 

The Subject line of your email should read "Blood Pudding Press poems from (Your Name) - (Date)."

Sincerely, Juliet Cook/Blood Pudding Press

No comments:

Post a Comment