9/22/12

Dear Anonymous,


I’m not really sure why I’m investing some of my time/thought/energy/effort into commenting upon this, since you are apparently just an anonymous fuckwad. I guess it’s mainly because I don’t understand the point/power/pleasure of anonymity.  What's the pointed pleasure of posting a rude random little comment under one of my blog posts? What the heck is the point of an ‘Anonymous’ person typing me a random blurb informing me that my art sucks and I should stick to writing?

Since you’re ‘Anonymous’ and I don’t know who you are, why should I CARE about your perspective on art?  As far as sticking to my writing, have you even read any of that?  Are you a writer? Are you an artist? I do have interest about other peoples’ perspectives on art and poetry if  they are artists or writers; if I am somewhat familiar with their tastes and style; if I like their art or writing and/or if I even KNOW the person. But you’re just an ‘Anonymous’ person who for some reason felt the need to inform me, “Those look terrible. Stick to writing” and “Your art still sucks”.  Gee, thanks a bundle for the impressive critique via anonymous feedback in the form of a random negative meaningless blurt.  Do you get off on randomly making fun of people? If so, get your vibe out and at least make fun of me more creatively and artistically.

To me, an anonymous negative blurb is akin to randomly making fun of someone you don’t even know as opposed to actually openly expressing your thoughts/feelings/perspectives in any valid or valuable way. It’s not even personal expression so much as a pointless barb in a general direction.  I have enough true feelings of pointlessness in my life.  I don’t need pointless anonymous uncreative darts added to the mix.

Of course my little creations are not going to appeal to everyone. The two pieces upon the blog post you commented below are not my idea of powerful art so much as semi-artsy fun little Halloween-y treats that some people might find amusingly enjoyable.  I like them; I took the time to paint them; I have one hanging on my fridge.  I’m certainly not forcing anything into anonymous mouths. Even when it comes to more imperative art and writing, not everything is going to suit everyone’s style – and I’m not aiming for mainstream mass appeal – and I sure as heck don’t care whether or not I appeal to anonymous blog commenting dipshits.

We all have our blurbs and blurts and jealous-streaked brambles. I sure do. But at least I attempt to express mine instead of anonymously blurting and carelessly spitting them out via random streaks behind people’s backs.

Making a generic little comment supposedly related to art or writing does not seem to mesh forth from true creative flow.  If you have input about and/or issues with my art or personal expression (or anything else about me) that you really feel the need to express, then why don’t you specify it and express yourself? I guess it’s not a valid issue so much as a generic little pinch.  I don’t like generic random pinches, so even an anonymous mean streak creep is receiving multiple paragraphs from me in return.

5 comments:

  1. A stands for "anonymous" and "asshole" both and anonymous asshole is "AA" where probably many of the people who leave anonymous asshole comments should probably be (instead of demonizing blogs). I'm one of those people who is proud to say every asshole comment I ever left was under my own name (for ill or good--and mostly ill). I don't allow negative comments through or even address them (unless it's like a stalker or something--and then I out them). You can at least narrow it down to the person's city probably if you have a statcounter on here. I could sometimes figure out who was leaving what. But Juliet, I can honestly say of all the blogger comments I used to read, about 40-50% were incredibly negative and nasty. I remember back when Silliman's blog allowed comments how ugly that could get. Hate hate hate. But how well you respond here and how funny you are in your ripostes. I'm sure your lowly, base attacker doesn't have a hundredth of the arsenal you have. I'd just zap them in future. Or as the sign says (or should) PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS. lol. Bravissima to you. And a bucket of pig slop for your cowardly stalker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you William.
    I actually don't really care all that much about occasional negative remarks about my writing/art, but I got the vibe that this one had nothing to do with my writing/art (it was just a random little immature blurt; there was nothing specific about it; I could say more but I guess I don't really wanna blog it).
    Speaking of artsy pig slop though, a while back a decided to "discontinue" my 2006 poetry chapbook 'The Laura Poems' (Twin Peaks/Lynchian inspired) - but yesterday I printed out a copy of it to send to a poet friend - and I re-read it - and now I have...
    "Creamed corn oozing out at torn seams."
    Among other offerings. 
    I THINK you have ‘The Laura Poems’. What Blood Pudding Press chapbook do you NOT have that you might want? I’ll send you one. You need a new one. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...those "squares" were supposed to be smiley faces. As discussed before, commenting on here is irksome as heck (not in terms of the comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. but in terms of the formatting issues of the comments. GRRR!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was away from my computer for a while after posting my Dear Anonymous note both here AND on my facebook page – I left my facebook page logged in - and when I stepped back towards my computer a few hours later, I had been logged off and my account had been temporarily locked because someone else had accessed it.
    I started my accounts back up, re-set passwords etc… but then the next day, some computer near Jasper (which is nowhere near me & my computer) visited this blog via me & PoetJoe Gallagher’s facebook emails?!? WTF?!? Why the heck would someone from neither of our areas have access to our emails or WANT that particular access? Is that why someone hacked my facebook? To access/read/download my emails to Joe and vice versa? WHY?

    ReplyDelete