2/12/12

LOVE?

Losing people who I thought were incredibly important, significant, and meaningful within my life really hurts me and causes me to question all kinds of things (including question myself – thinking ‘am I not good enough?’ and ‘did I not try hard enough?’).

I don’t desire to feel incredibly strongly about or committed to someone who will suddenly/quickly feel less strongly about me.

I don’t desire someone who takes more than he gives (creatively, professionally, or in any sort of relationship way) and/or who does not truly appreciate what he receives. I think that taking more than giving comes too close to chewing everything/everyone up and then suddenly spitting it out without really caring.

On a somewhat different but semi-related note, the phrase ‘what if I lose everything?’ sure as heck does not make me think about money. It makes me think about brain power, passion, caring and LOVE. Those are the kinds of things I do not want to lose, even (especially) in the midst of challenging/troubling/difficult times in my life.

I DO desire a uniquely powerful, caring, giving, loving, extra-special someone who is a true taste sensation, a wonderful treat, a gorgeous feast that will last & last.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/12/2012

    I've cared about a lot of people deeply & "lost" them, though I've since realized that I cared for them way more than they cared for me. Unless you find someone really, really special, people will usually let you down. Sad, but true. That's why I prefer dogs. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, but part of me still very strongly desires real, powerful, intense, passionate love.

      (P.S. I added your Gloomy Girl blog to my list of blogs on my Blood Pudding Press blog - leading me to wonder why most of my blog lists are there instead of here. Perhaps it's because I started that blog first or something...)

      Delete