5/1/11

Post-Stroke Aphasia Articles

Linked to below is my Intro piece for my three new Post-Stroke Aphasia articles.

These articles took me a long time to write; I was often overtaken by mixed feelings.

But I finally did it and hopefully a few people will read and relate.

The Intro will offer you a few snippets of what to expect from the others.

Those other pieces will also be added here.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7973477/intro_to_my_three_new_poststroke_aphasia.html?cat=5

*

NEW - Post-Stroke Aphasia Piece One (Challenging Words & Images)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7973591/poststroke_aphasia_piece_one.html?cat=5

*

NEW - Post-Stroke Aphasia Piece Two (Love Replaced With Doubt & Debt)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/7976323/poststroke_aphasia_piece_two.html?cat=70

*

Piece #3 coming soon...

*


P.S.

I understand that my stroke was difficult for my ex-husband to deal with too. He had lost his first wife to cancer; she had suddenly died young. He was very uncomfortable with hospitals and health issues and I can certainly understand that. I just wish he would have told me that he was truly sorry but he really couldn’t deal with this kind of situation again in his life. Yes, I would have been disappointed by that, but it would have been better than him acting like the whole situation was my own fault and repeatedly lashing out at me due to a lifestyle change that had happened beyond my control. It’s not like I had my stroke on purpose. I wish it wouldn’t have happened. I wish it wouldn’t have made his life harder. I wish I wouldn’t have lost parts of my brain - and then my home and my husband and my credit and more...

If something bad, unfortunate, or mistaken happens, he wants to move on – not dwell on it. I can understand that to an extent, but not when it is related to a brain loss injury. He seriously wanted me to forget about it after mere weeks, but how am I supposed to forget about or ignore something that still affects my brain?

Would most people just ignore a brain injury – or expect their spouse to?

I don’t think so.

Maybe I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment