2/25/11

Transmogrified

I happened upon this recent mini-review and/or glance at my new POST-STROKE poetry chapbook (published by Blood Pudding Press for Dusie Kollektiv 5) written by another Dusie 5 participant, William Allegrezza (I've received his chapbook too; have not read it just yet, but am looking forward to doing so soon).

I found his review quite interesting, but was not quite aware of the definition of 'transmogrified', so looked it up on dictionary.com and found that definition quite interesting too!

Copied below is his note, followed by that word's definitions.

After that is a photo of my POST-STROKE chapbook, followed by a link to it in my Blood Pudding Press etsy shop, where you can find out more details (and read a few other mini-reviews) and/or purchase a copy for yourself.

*

The Daily Glance (The Kollectiv Series)

Juliet Cook's Post-Stroke is aptly titled, for the poems, we are told in a note, are "partially inspired by/related to" a stroke that Cook recently had. The craft of the book itself is worthy note since it is tied together by yarn, and the interior poems are surrounded by a cut out art image. Mine starts with some eyes starting at me, but I imagine that different chapbooks have different images. The poems are on pages cut out at different sizes, and they are fascinating for their post-traumatic experience theme.

Post-Stroke my words are not over-
ly obvious. Why on earth should my
non overly obvious poetry be dead?


In this chapbook, poetry is strongly connected to life and individual presence. It is a comfort and a tool to explore what remains, but it has been transmogrified in the experience.

bill allegrezza

*

trans·mog·ri·fy

-to change in appearance or form, especially strangely or grotesquely; transform


-to change completely...apparently a perversion of transmigure, from transmigrate, perhaps influenced by modify

*



*

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68683940/post-stroke-by-juliet-cook

No comments:

Post a Comment