5/28/09

new poetry online plus new interview

Bloody ballet slippers, semi-sinister subdermal implantation, pomosexual blubber & more in my two new poems now published online by the Scapegoat Review. Into the stew pot!

http://scapegoatreview.com/

(I'm actually not sure when this Spring 2009 issue went live; it might or might not have been a while ago; but I never recall receiving an email heads up about it, so I just noticed today.)

*

Also, at the mixed media-licious 'What to Wear During an Orange Alert' website, you can partake of an interview with me regarding Blood Pudding Press, social marketing, Horrific Confection, & more. Glug, glug, glug.

http://www.orangealert.net/cook

*

P.S. I mentioned in the above-noted interview, when answering a q. about my first full-length poetry book, 'Horrific Confection', which was published by BlazeVOX as both an e-book and in print, that I felt a bit deflated 'cuz I had only sold three print copies. Well since then, BlazeVOX editor Geoffrey Gatza sent me an email to let me know that the e-book incarnation has received about 4500 unique downloads, so that made me feel better.

5 comments:

  1. may i please interview you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Sure, you may interview me if you want to. I have no idea what this interview will be about, but I usually like surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you

    please contact me

    beliefmask@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a feeling you gave a lot of copies of Horrific Confection away, though, too... i don't think i paid for mine, if i remember correctly. and even if i did pay for it, there have been a lot of other books of yours that you gave me gratis. don't be bummed about about lackluster sales: they are more indicative of your generosity than anything else.

    i'm still just so happy to be able to hold something in my hands that i feel was a collaboration between the two of us.

    neither interview really blows me away, but they are both still good reads. i should start doing a series of interviews and try to get them published somewhere, at least in an online incarnation.

    i tried to let people know about the BPP sale; hopefully it helped you move another copy or two of 'Wing'd' or one of your other projects. take care, Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kyle! Actually I sold four copies of wing'd during the sale, plus a few other things, too, so it went pretty well. If my calculations are correct, the next copy of wing'd that goes out into the world will be #39. Yay!

    ReplyDelete