4/22/09

pig troughs & cake frosting

I've recently written new Associated Content articles regarding Father's Day, P.J. Harvey, Rasputina, Twin Peaks and David Lynch as creative catalysts, and the Surly Girl Saloon in Columbus, Ohio--with more coming soon. Check them out if so inclined.

Juliet Cook's Source Page - Associated Content

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/363475/juliet_cook.html

I'm also working on some rather squalid new poetry, which I may or may not post here. The latest piece involves pig troughs and cake frosting--in one way or another...

5 comments:

  1. i loved the PJ Harvey piece. she is coming to town (with John Parrish) in a month or so. she is such an influence for me. if you haven't listend... 'Tales from the City, Tales from the Sea' is an amazing Harvey album. (i want to write a short story based on each song)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know she was coming to town! Where to? I will definitely have to look into that. I do have 'Stories from the City...'

    We just saw Neko Case at the Newport tonight, which was a pretty good show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. If you do write any of those short stories, you should submit them to Thriteen Myna Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just watched 'Eraserhead' for the first time ever tonight, making this the evening in whichi can first say i have officially seen every major Lynch flick. and i mean official, because i had a notary standing by to stamp that shit. i really enjoyed it: the hour and a half it took to watch it just flew by. i think i'll probably have some great nightmares tonight.

    thirteen myna looks delectable at the moment.

    hope everything's good with you, Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kyle!

    I love Eraserhead in many ways, but the scene with the little chickens has a special place in my heart.

    I almost typed that it had a special plate in my heart. That, too.

    ReplyDelete